Based in Florence, San Casciano V.P.
26 February 2016
12 March 1938. Renée, 16 years old, is ripped out of her world, locked up and deprived of everything. Her only fault was that she didn't know what her place in the world was. "A danger to herself and others and a cause of public scandal" wrote the police headquarters. The only horror you will find in this game is the truth: a blow to the solar plexus, much more intense than any supernatural presence
The Town of Light is a psychological adventure told in the first person. The story is set in Italy in the first half of the 20th Century in a place which really existed and has been meticulously reconstructed. Exploring and interacting with the environment you will relive the history of the main character through her confused viewpoint and on the basis of your choices, the story will develop in different ways.
- Realistic 3d graphics
- Based on real facts and events.
- Strong narrative component
- No zombies or supernatural presences.
- Nonlinear gameplay experience will allow different evolution of the main story
- Original sound track.
The Town of Light - Launch Trailer YouTube
The Town of Light - Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Recommended" Eurogamer.net
- "Finalist Gamer's Voice Award" SXSW
- "Selection Indie Arcade 2016" Smithsonian American Art Museum
- "Editor Choice" IndieDB
- "Game of the week" Famitsu
- "Excellence in Story and Storytelling" Game Connection Europe Development Awards 2014
- "Excellence in Story and Storytelling" Game Connection - European Games Booster
- "An impactful exploration of mental health that presents a very different kind of horror"
- Richard Cobbett, Eurogamer.net
- "Joins the ranks of rarities that continue to disturb long after the end-credits roll"
- Nick Cowen, Ars Technica
- "By the time The Town of Light reached its conclusion, I was too stunned to even be in tears."
- Ted Hentschke, Dread Central
- "Una storia cupa, inevitabilmente, ma che tocca temi che i videogame raramente si azzardano a sfiorare"
- Jamie D'Alessandro, Repubblica.it
- "Scuote e coinvolge al punto che dopo averlo finito, il manicomio sembra esserti entrato dentro"
- Simone Tagliaferri, Multiplayer.it
- "LKA.it has crafted a modern masterpiece examining real-world horrors"
- Drew Weissman, Hao Gamers
- "Das Spiel ist keine grausame Fiktion. Es ist die Vergangenheit, die grausam ist. Und gleichzeitig ahnt man, dass diese Vergangenheit an vielen Orten noch Gegenwart ist."
- Carsten Görig, Spiegel.de
Request Press Copy
Please fill this form to request a review copy: Request a review copy
Release Blog Post
The blog-post through which this game was released is available at thetownoflight.com.
We are currently working on "The Town of Light".
More information on Lka.it, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Town of Light Credits
Art and technical director, screenwriter
Assistant technical director, programmer
Daniela D’argenio Donati